February 03, 2019

Lost-Found



~ LOST ~

At first life is surreal
the rhythm of my day is gone
hours run together without check
<><><><>
Years later, I seem to function well
although still unsure of who
I am to be, apart from you

I’ve shrunk yet grown both 
weak and stronger - undulating
waves of being bring me through
kicking and screaming to the other
side of loss. To hard questions and 
the joyful confidence to face them

Your chatterbox has died, my dear.
Tho words still pour out profusely
they now form a black on white
paper trail of crumbs to guide
my way - and perhaps help
another facing death

I wonder if you’d recognize the me
I have become. Hope you wouldn’t mind
my writing of our love with meaning newly

~ FOUND ~

JoMae
2/2/19 

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~