February 19, 2019

On Grief


~ Death ~
Two things happen when your spouse dies.
No three - for you die too. The you you knew 
is forever gone. The ‘half of a whole' you has
evaporated leaving you in limbo. Half buried
half struggling to sort out what life remains
in mourning both lost love and lost identity
we wonder, who am i - now on my own?
Where do i fit in as me, no longer we?

So. First the death. Next the limbo. And finally
a sprouting bud left hidden in the soil of loss
striving to heal death’s damage, sparked by
some small familiar joy, emerges - gaining
strength, transforming old life-giving cells
to bring forth a vibrant, living blossom
A New You
~ Life ~
JoMae
1/31/19

Entering another year of being on my own, still settling into who I am in this vulnerable new normal, I do see hopeful patterns and a small spark of life. I share this to offer hope to those recently widowed and in recognition to those of us gradually emerging from death’s dark valley.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~