February 13, 2019

Bittersweet Conundrum


Balance ~ Artist: Nancy Spoelhof  
John’s lovely entry to our yard, graced by Nancy’s sculpture

Bittersweet Conundrum
This chapter in my life has become a quest for balance. It seems everything I ponder holds at least two realities. Often opposites. Views that cancel out each other - each containing truths that cannot both be true. I live in paradox. Loving the silence yet grieving the voice that has gone mute. Vaguely wishing for an interruption in my day, yet not eager to be distracted from the project I’m now invested in - work which gives my hours purpose and keeps me happily alive and doing well within the dislocation of this mystery.   
~JoMae 2/12/19 ...Thankful, though feeling slightly guilty for being so content with solitude!

John’s hand crafted fence is gone now. Lost in a fierce windstorm a couple years ago. Glad to say, ‘Balance’ survived and continues to remind me of its message. I do treasure this piece! 
Balance ~ Artist: Nancy Spoelhof 

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~