February 17, 2019

Enough



~ ENOUGH ~

‘ENOUGH’ has become my mantra
Enough! I tell myself when the gloomies wander in
when quiet is too quiet and telephones don’t ring

I look up from the novel I’m so deeply burrowed
in and remind myself I can’t have everything
but what I do have is enough

When memories remind me of all that is now lost
I look around in comfort and recall, I have enough
If sadness creeps and solitude leans to the edge of lonely
I think of those with little and am thankful
I have enough

I may wish for what once was yet can no longer be
I may reach for all that blossomed in the past
yet reaching, see a bud - soft and full of life
I watch as day by day she quietly unfolds

I'll nurture her
rejoicing in the beauty of her blossom

I've learned the past is gone
the present a new gift to open
I know it is enough

JoMae
2/14/19

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~