January 26, 2019

Left Behind


Waiting Gifts

~Left Behind~

I’d  hoped not to be the partner left behind
left without you, without the me I knew
left alone to start anew or die within
I did not know that grief could hit
rock bottom then rise again to
surface in a present rich with
deeper understanding, new 
eyes, fresh beginnings

New Life - New Me

Dear Heart - I wonder, had I died first and 
you’d been left behind to find the gift of
new beginnings, what would you have
wrought with it? The very thought a
challenge to do my utmost with
this gift I have been handed
this rich new opportunity
to think, discover and

To Live

JoMae
1/26/19


Year three, and I am learning to see this new phase of my life, this new chapter, as a gift, an opportunity I’d never have known had I died first.  A present to carefully open and enter with quiet anticipation. A faint echo of the day when death takes me home to the new life joyfully awaiting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~