January 18, 2019

To Bloom Again



~ You Can Bloom Again ~

I’m surprised to hear myself say this
but while I did not choose it, I’ve
learned to love this solitary life
become accustomed to its
smile, its patience with
my ways, its song, its 
silence and its
listening ear

I love the contemplative hours
in which to ponder all the
questions of my days
the gains the loss
the meaning
of it all

The precipice, the void, the fear
the Grace to face life head on
dive down deep  yet surface
fully alive, breathing in this
strange foreign widow land
where  silent  intimidating
emptiness can transform
as blessed serenity able
to nourish one's soul
feed your spirit and
cultivate your soil
so that you can

Bloom Again 

JoMae
1/18/19

A word for widowed friends today. With thanks to those of you who’ve taught and modeled much for me - and hope for those of us still learning the language and customs of this foreign world called Widow Land.  

Just as we cannot look into the mystery surrounding our loved ones who have died, we cannot know ahead of our arrival, the mystery and puzzling culture awaiting our new life after being widowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~