December 16, 2019

John's Advent Calendar

John's Advent Calendar

~ Christmas Eve Remembered ~

How many nights, the children tucked
I’d relax with my book and the music
while John slipped down to his shop
still finishing a treasured gift

I’d mute the radio, preferring to hear
him whistling to the carols as he worked
love wafting up - a sweet aroma 
all mixed with paint and sawdust

Finally he’d appear, join me on the couch
grinning ear to ear - pleased with success
confident the paint would dry by morning
ready for a glass of eggnog and a hug

I wish I had photos of all those toy soldiers,
forts and games he produced! Most now 
disbursed to new families that came along
keepsakes for grandchildren

JoMae
12/16/19
John's Advent Calendar Open

These were made for the grandchildren.  Each box to hold a treat and then be returned to its place in reverse.  The final effect revealing a picture of the whole family taken at a reunion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~