November 25, 2019

Morning Thanks


~ Morning Thanks ~

Good morning dear MotherFather Godde.
Thank you for walking with me again this day.
Please guide my way, my actions, work and play 
grant wisdom in my thoughts and all I say
all this I pray in Jesus’ name
Amen

JoMae
11/25/19

This morning something prompted me to notice that the prayer of a Christian asking Godde to be with them each day might also be framed as a thank you. We who believe and trust already, know Christ’s presence is always with us. (Even though we are apt to mindlessly take it for granted far too often.)  

I’m thinking that ask is akin to a child daily requesting her mother to be her mother - asking for something that is already a fact. So I’m changing my prayer. I know Christ’s Presence is with me always.  Even when I’m prone to wander or forget; fail to honor that reality, Christ’s Grace is holding me. Through marvelous moments or unthinkable misery - and I am deeply thankful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~