November 18, 2019

Widowed


John & JoMae 8/29/1959

~ Widowed ~
Grief is a huge transition
the loss of all familiar patterns
in one’s life - the universe has shifted
you feel oddly out of place without your love
for half of you is missing, one shoe has fallen off

Grief is also metamorphosis
a long slow patient process while
the butterfly is forming - while seeds of
life are sprouting preparing buds to flower
watch  notice  trust - new life will form in you

Trust the seed within a tragedy
buried in unexpected change that
devastates  and lays you low - please
know this, deep sparks will quietly emerge
first unseen, their glow will one day blossom in
New Life

JoMae
11/18/19

Sharing what I’ve learned so far as I consider the next leg of this journey. Soon it will be three years since John died. I am so thankful for the blessing these quiet solitary days (at first so strange and unbearable) have become.  Somehow, since that awful day, my lifelong haphazard hobby of journaling began to pour out in a new rhythm. I find great comfort and joy in the writing. Waking each day eager to know what will come.

Then, if it feels right to me, I post with a prayer that perhaps my words will bring courage to someone. ‘Casting bread upon the waters,’ as a friend said long ago of her own work.  

So here are the words that came knocking this morning - distracting me from what I was reading, demanding to be written down.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~