September 02, 2020

Suddenly Solitary

~ Aging Alone ~

I used to see old widows suddenly on their own
and wonder what she did all day alone inside her home

and now I know

I find something fun to read, to make me laugh aloud
I read a psalm to frame my prayer
I think of some old friend to let them know I care
I stumble on a thought provoking article and write my feelings out
I read a novel to travel worlds away and back again refreshed
I study life long interests and ponder new development
I write to sort out all that I am gaining
I’ve learned to gather via zoom and even study there

my days fly by

Another’s list is different. We’re each unique
yet I’ve learned beyond death’s loss
life can be complete again 

JoMae
9/2/20

This morning I was reading an article totally different from these thoughts yet it triggered a need to stop and capture these first lines as they popped into my head. The rest poured out like a brain burp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~