September 18, 2020

Summer's End

Good Morning World!  
I love to watch my street wake up just beyond front windows as I enjoy hot coffee with my reading this crisp 50ºs morning.


~ Summer’s End ~
(draft)

It is Saturday morning and people are out
with the sun on their back and their dog
on a leash, walking - brisk in warm 
sweaters - this ’taste of fall’ day

first the walkers with their dogs
then serious bikes ride past
 while roller blades fly by
dancing skate boards
  finally small kids -- all 
eager to breathe in
fresh  crisp  air of

~ Autumn ~

even an electric
wheel chair with a 
flowing white beard
speeds by - I wonder
were smaller wheels
once his? Does he
smile behind his
wild whiskers

~ Remembering? ~

(by now 
sun warming
sweaters shed
I should grab my
stick and join ‘em!)

JoMae
9/12/20

A view from my city window this chilly bright morning. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~