April 29, 2020

Listening



~ Listening ~

Listening to Godde
who is listening to me
~~~~~

You listen to my heart’s pain
as I pour it out by name
Most Holy Godde

 I listen in the silent quiet
remembering your 
royal presence

knowing I am loved
knowing I am held
a beloved child

 Later, when the blessings flow, and
a thought or notion starts to grow 
I know Your Hand, is guiding me

as with a calmer heart I listen
and give thanks

JoMae
4/19/20

The thing is, so much of prayer is listening to Godde listening to us.  Sometimes, when prayers seem to go unheard, we may be unaware til later, that we’ve been heard - then, seeing an answer, recognize connection to our plea. 

Our answers may not come in words - or according to our timing. They may not be in the form requested, but we can trust that blessings will be there as surely as new seasons come again - and sunshine after rain.


Listening to Pastor Anthony’s sermon on Psalm 102 1-11 from 4/19/20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~