September 16, 2019

The Past A Foundation



The Past - A Foundation To Build On

I wish not to forget the past, rather to grow the present
to open the gifts growing today, rooted in the past 
yet nourished now and blossoming tomorrow

I wish to build on the memories, not to live in them
to return and visit as I acclimate to this new life
- find an anchor there as I push new boundaries

as I stretch my self and find fresh spaces to explore
as I make new memories - enfolding the old until
peering from new horizons, past seems to shrink

only seems to shrink into the distance
an illusion of diminishment, while
its impact remains forever

melding with gifts of generations gone before
weaving through multiple memories long forgotten
forming a strong foundation for any wonder yet to come

JoMae
9/1/19

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~