April 05, 2019

Final Photograph #aprpad 5


#aprpad 5 Prompt: Write of something stolen

John's 80th
Easter Sunday 2015
~ Final Photograph ~

I didn’t take a photograph
(that may have offended some)
but I have that  picture  so sharply
graven on my mind I do not need one

You are imprinted in my heart
along with memories of your touch
but that coffin image means so much
as you lay freshly cleaned - and waiting 

I have your ashes atop Pop’s book case 
(and a few inside my pocket - a small sachet)
but the photo of you resting there, sleeves rolled
back ready for refinement for your next assignment 
I have boxes full of prints and photos
I’m surrounded by the artifacts you made
All remind me daily of your absent presence 
Yet one vivid image provides loves closure for

My Fond Farewell

JoMae
3/30/19

4/5/35
John’s birthday today (and I have the yellowed telegram to prove it) So here is another unpolished piece to commemorate the day.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~