November 20, 2018

ThanksLiving


Autumn Blessings
Abundance From Judy's Garden

~ ThanksLiving ~
You left me here, Dear Heart
alone and on my own - my world
all upside-down without you
the life we knew is gone
has died with you

Now as I surface from the depths
and grow a new familiar - I wait
for a fresh bud upon the vine
we nurtured for so long

I’m watching, waiting as it blossoms
slowly, yet with great surprise
I am captured by its promise
life anew in your demise

Nourished by the love we shared
strengthened by our years, I’m
grateful for the gifts I count
as this Thanksgiving nears

JoMae
11/19/18

Thankful for gifts never sought or needed before death turned life upside-down, yet now, emerging, are life giving - full of hope to turn despair around.


No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~