May 11, 2018

Motherly Parent



Imperfect Praise

On Mother’s Day, let us celebrate and give
thanks for our Motherly Heavenly Parent
as we honor our Moms, created, with
our Dads, in Godde’s Divine image

Our Mothers, who in imperfection bore us
nurtured, led and sometimes punished 
reflecting the Presence of their own
Maker, Creator of all in perfection 

So today I give thanks for my Mom whose
life unwrapped for me the unconditional 
love of my Beloved Heavenly Parent 
My Eternal FatherMother Godde

MotherFather, ONE. Not two as mortal parents
are designed to be. Not separate. Not bound
by bones and sinew. Our Godde is Spirit
free to be everywhere, all in all at once

I wonder. In speaking of Godde as only a Father
have we transferred our human understanding
of one parent to our concept of the Holy ONE?
Has man created Godde in the image of man? 

Since birth I learned to see Godde’s love by knowing
the love of my dear Dad. Our language for Godde
was Our Heavenly Father. Mom reflected Godde
too, although unsung. We were not taught to see

Our Mother in the Face of Godde

JoMae
5/11/18 

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~