April 27, 2018

My Stuff


John's Carving: Articulated Golfer

My Stuff

I have a fond relationship with stuff
every picture on the wall, each
piece of furniture, a story

Any earring, gift or not, is more than just an
earring, it’s a hug, a memory, a tale to tell
My dear stuff is an element of who I am.

One day I will have to downsize, part with much
and figure out a way to carry things by heart
or be torn up again with loss. It’s only stuff?

Each choice, each gift has formed me. The whole
embracing with an almost unnoticed hug.
Stuff, the warm familiar sea I swim in.

JoMae
4/26/18
#aprpad

John liked to whittle, design toys, games etc.  This is one he made in high school.  You pull the arm back and it hits a ball.  Notice the extra club laying along side.

Prompt: write a relationship poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~