January 01, 2022

WE

Shadows, Trees and Clouds of Light

~ WE ~

I wish I were an artist
I would draw a tree
a tree strong and

vibrant and I’d

name it We


next I would sketch that tree

struck  asunder by a storm

split right down the middle

half, dead on the ground


the other half still standing

yet appearing to be dead

until, as seasons turned

starts to sprout instead


small branches now begin to form

blossoming anew -- while on the

ground all around the fallen half

life is nourished, flowers grow


We, now separated

continue each to serve

half reborn and blossoming

half lives in another realm

singing a new song


JoMae

1/1/22



Prompted/inspired by Joy's medium post: Deeply Rooted

https://medium.com/@lydalrydal7/deeply-rooted-958d4fee6e50


No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~