November 02, 2021

One

 A brief reflection on Loss

~ One ~ 


My love, you grew old along with me

those years will never be forgotten

our joys are printed in my heart

your hand print on my palm


We walked long winding paths together

some were in sorrow, most in gain

the pain of losing you is bitter

but the memories sustain


My holding of our love has changed

as you have changed, have died

tucked in a pocket of my soul

your echoes now reside


Til death they will abide there, with

wisdom, strength and memory

dwell unseen reminding me

loss can transform anew


to blossom on with joy!


JoMae

6/14/21 


When I wonder that I’ve scarcely wept after so great a loss, I must remember this - that I’ve had a love like none other whose echoes sustain me still and have become the soil in which I can blossom on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~