August 15, 2021

Meeting My Muse

My Small Woods

invites my gaze as I glance up from reading

deep in thought


~ Meeting My Muse ~

A brief reflection on one's muse


  to read, to wonder - then to write

this daily occupation fills long hours with delight  


Some sit under giant oaks

or gaze at gentle waves

to hear their muse

to meditate, find

inspiration


<><><><><><>


I'll wander in a quiet book 

or other words to ponder

and settle in to relish all

as new worlds inspire


then interrupt my reading with

wonderings which become

compelling prompts to

capture carefully


I listen for my muse and write


right here in this old chair

meandering the world from

my favorite writing nook


-JoMae

8/7/21

Found also at: jomae.medium.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~