February 10, 2021

Words

~ Words Words Words ~

At times I’ve followed writing prompts to discover my word for the day. One word to ponder, carry with me and/or write about. Then there are periods such as this past year with long unframed days at home, when I’ve fallen into the habit of waking each morning tuned in for an idea heard or read to jump out at me as a prompt destined to become the subject of my daily free write.  It may be a totally fresh notion or hit me as the perfect addition to round out yesterday’s unfinished effort. 


Think of all the people on their own for hours, days on end and consider all the quiet musing going on! Remembering, imagining, worrying, figuring things out.  And as we sort out life’s blows and blessings, a lot of insight occurs. A lot of learning happens. Some ponder while making puzzles, doing handwork or various hobbies, working in the kitchen, the woodworking shop or garden. Those of us who favor phrases, write words down so we can look at them again - or simply to anchor their ideas more firmly in our minds.


Today’s prompt came while reading Kathy Swaar’s blog post, ‘Give me a Word.’ Halfway through I stopped to jot down thoughts of my own which came to mind. Then back to finish hers. Join me if you wish. I always learn something from Kathy's work. You might too! 


Give Me a Word - 2021 Edition - “Hold” — kathyswaar.com  


And yes, I’ll give you a word as well. My word for this season is HOPE. Spelled T.R.U.S.T.  But that is another post!


JoMae

1/15/21

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~