March 18, 2019

Finding My Voice

Finding My Voice
Artist: NancySpoelhof.com 

~~ VOICE ~~

I used love doing book talks
and reading poetry to children
my voice was active all the day
at home, by phone and on the go
echoing every ebb and flow of life

<><><><><><>

Today, on my own,
I barely speak at all
my vocal  chords gone
dormant crackled, unused

I’ve counted many blessings
discovered in the ashes of a loss
silent hours to ponder and to write
time to share my voice upon a page

Last night I saw another. Alone in the quiet
with no one here to waken, I read my poems
aloud and let them speak to me again of hope
~an exercise of voice that brought sweet solace~

JoMae
3/9/19

http://www.nancyspoelhof.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~