December 06, 2017

Hello Dear Heart

Hello Dear Heart

I'm finding light in the darkness
these days - finding gain in the loss
finding my balance after losing my core
finding the blessings while trusting for more

I'll carry your gifts from the past with me now
while I move on toward the light alone
the essence of you, melded in me
as we danced our very own tune

You showed me beauty, John 
Beauty wrapped up in love.
Weaving our lives together
Shadows were transformed.

<><><><><>

We tempered each other into more than we would otherwise become. 
Who I am and will be, reflects that long lived love we shared;  
who we were, we were because of each other - a gift that  
stays with me each day - a gift I’ll always treasure.

We two, who wove one closely knitted life, now must move on alone.  
I like to think that in that joy filled realm where you now reside, 
some of our blended essence may live on, as yours does here.  
That we may each continue to bring joy wherever we are.  

If perchance you could touch human lives in some angelic way,  
wouldn’t that be wondrous! Yet the strength I have from you, 
the strength still holding me, I gained from knowing you.  
From loving you. Love that remains and steadies me.  

We both are blessed in a million ways. 
My thanks goes on a million days.  
Praise be to Godde in whose 
Hands we both move on.

Goodbye Dear Heart

JoMae
2/2/17

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~