June 23, 2014

Harvesting Words

Harvesting Words

I scan the horizon for just the right words
words that speak eloquent meaning to me
words to examine and test for their flavor

words holding truth like a sweet pungent pear
words that will clarify difficult answers
words that are ripe and ready to pick
words that will satisfy

sometimes I find them in bits I have written
seeds I have planted myself

often they're sprouting in pages I'm reading
or pop out of a piece I am listening to - a
perfect expression for the question I'm asking


then I quickly reach out to snatch it and

 tuck it safely within a sentence that is
 desperately gasping for life.

JoMae
6/1/14

                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~