May 11, 2017

From Both Sides Now



DOUBLE VISION

I see the world from both sides now
the dream the dance
the final bow

I see the inside out of life
as grief wraps tight around me -
 blankets me with memories of laughter

I hear the silence screaming out
the void, the empty chairs
where quiet conversation was the norm.

the look, the sigh, the grin is gone
the whistling is dead
hollowness abounds

I feel the shift of weight upon my shoulders
which once, resting upon two,  
was shared with joy.  

I move through vacant rooms
and see you there
without the music, hear your song 

I fix a meal and eat
uninterrupted by the sound of
your companionship

the everyday comments
often about nothing
yet everything to me - now gone

<><><><><>

before I gave birth 
I could not imagine the experience of that 
separation of two beings out of one

either the birthing or the
life that followed as a mom
- so full of joy

before knowing the death of one truly half of me
I couldn't fathom an experience so profound
as the separation of the two of us

either the immediate loss or the
learning to walk on my own
so full of grief
~~~~~
yet tempered by the 
healing mystery of 
GRACE

JoMae 
4/24/17

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~