April 15, 2018

Pine and Willow #aprpad Day 15



Pining For My Weeping Willow

Deep in the middle of the night as I lay seeking
sleep, I’d listen to the soaring stately pine
pillared strong outside our room,
standing, waving in the breeze
scraping at the window to
remind me he was there

dancing with the willow just next door
who wept for joy at his attention - his
whispered love sending shock waves
through her limbs. Her languid branches
sweeping the lawn with abandon, then 
reaching out for him in the wind as he
smiled back and nodded gallantly

Many years ago, my young husband sound
asleep, instead of counting sheep I’d listen
to the couple cavorting in the yard. The
elegant tall pine and whimsical willow
took on a life of magic in the night.

<><><><><>

No longer dancing together,
neither tree survived the
devastating ice storm
of 1991.

JoMae
4/15/18
#aprpad


No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~