December 30, 2017

A Widow's Battle


~~~A Widow’s Battle~~~

Healing from the hidden wounds of loss,  I may 
look the same, behave the way I always have
yet inside I am broken knocked off center 
stunned and out of balance. Unfamiliar 
with who I am without my other half

No longer whole,   I am spinning 
physically,emotionally,socially
what once came naturally 
now seems unfamiliar 

Even with my ‘I’m doing really well’
mask/smile in place, I’m rattled 
even with my familiar friends
I’ve lost the art of casual 
 conversation and feel
 a miss fit socially

The missing pieces of my life
have left a shocking hole
that may not show, yet 
leaves me feeling 
self conscious
stressed out
unsettled

Healing, yet forever
analyzing what is going on 
searching how to understand and 
discover how to let my soul and body 
mend, how to rebuild a self that can be 
whole again - how to fill the gaps 
John left behind with new input 
of my own - new, yet ever 
tempered by the glad 
cells we formed 
together.

JoMae
9/2/17

No comments:

Post a Comment

~ Thanks for stopping by. Your comments are welcome! ~